(PPH)&Phen
Close

Thread: (PPH)&Phen

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I read somewhere that there is a possibility thay Phen could cause Primary pulmonary hypertension (PPH). Does anyone know anyting about this??? It worries me.......
    5'3"
    HW 160
    SW 150 01/12/04
    Goal weight- 120
    128 on my wedding day 9/10/04
    3 week honeymoon- gained 8 pounds
    Holiday season + 6 pounds
    New Weight 06/20/05 142
    07/01/05 139
    07/24/05 136 Stuck AHHHHH!!!
    mini goal by 09/10/05 125 (Second honeymoon, 1 year anniversary)
    Goal- 115-120 depending how I look
    This is me at my bridal shower August 2004 about 128

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hello, sorry I dont know the answer to your question. I just wanted to say your wedding pics are beautiful! Looks like you had a very beautiful and unique wedding. Love your wedding dress and your bridesmaid dresses!

If you don't mind my asking how much did you weigh then?

[ December 31, 2004, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: kellyk ]

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Never heard of it! My doctor keeps a close check on me. BP, heart, blood work, etc. I feel good about being under the care of a doctor while on phen. I wish everyone else had this reassurance! I can't believe there are Doctor's that won't prescribe phen to help those who really need to lose weight and be there to monitor their patients.

P.S. Now they are saying that Aleve may cause heart problems..........go figure someone always has to come up with something to print! Some are true and some are just someone trying to come up with something to say to pad their pockets. My opinion only!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Just saw my doc on Thursday and she suggested I take Phen every other day once I have the regimen going. Not sure why.....she said it wears off and the best thing to do is to stretch it out and use it when you need it, but don't rely on it to make you lose weight. Have to do exercise and moderate portions, which are the key to safe weight loss. ????

But even though I have higher than normal blood pressure, she told me it will be ok and it's safe to take for the next few months.

Hope this helps.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi guys,
    Thanks for the compliments!!!! I loved my wedding..... it was the best day of my life.... In those pictures I would have to say I was about 130 pounds or so...... Believe it or not, my dress was a size 12 !!!! They wanted to give me a 16 when I ordered it.... I said no way, I am going to lose more weight , so I ordered a 12 instead, glad I did too, because even the 12 was a bit big and had to be taken in, except on my chest my regular clothing size now, and at the time of the wedding was a 6 or 8.I am closer to 8 now,but my stretch 6 jeans still fit. But i am short, 5'3 ,so a size 3/4 would be ideal.
    Anyways, I kinda pigged out on my honeymoon, in Bali... I ate rice and chicken satay with peanut sauce everyday for 2 weeks straight while we were there, I guess that will do it. When I came back I was 138ish, and then with the holidays and my Christmas Cookie baking, well I got up to 140. However I have already gotten back down to 137... I lose very slow. So it will probably take me 6 weeks to get back to 130. My ultimate goal is to be 120 or maybe even 115??? I think the last time I weighed that I was 11 years old!!!!
    5'3"
    HW 160
    SW 150 01/12/04
    Goal weight- 120
    128 on my wedding day 9/10/04
    3 week honeymoon- gained 8 pounds
    Holiday season + 6 pounds
    New Weight 06/20/05 142
    07/01/05 139
    07/24/05 136 Stuck AHHHHH!!!
    mini goal by 09/10/05 125 (Second honeymoon, 1 year anniversary)
    Goal- 115-120 depending how I look
    This is me at my bridal shower August 2004 about 128

Photos
    View albums

I believe Phentermine on it's own does not cause problems but people were mixing it with something else (it was called Phen-Fen) and that was what caused the problems.

My Dr has been prescribing it for over 20 years and has never had any problems with her patients.

Bel
    Heaviest weight: 219
    Phen RE START date: 10/27/04
    Phen start weight: 208