Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Question

I am a bit concerned. I am finishing up what will be my last month on phen. I have lost 30 lbs since April 2002. I was offered a job on Tuesday and found out Wednesday that I would have to take a drug test. I didn't take any meds after 6pm on Wednesday and took the test at 1pm today. Is it going to show? I have a prescription but I am worried that it will be looked upon differently because I bought it online. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of something like this??

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Hey Julie there was a post not too long ago in which I think the person told them about taking Phen and they were able to break down why it was positive and clear it all up.

I have read other posts which said they had no problem.

So I guess I really don't have an answer. Sorry, but good luck!!!
    LOVE PIGGIE

I AM WILLING TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO LIVE A HEALTHY SLIMMER LIFE
    Photos
    View albums

bump

No first hand knowlege but it does show up.

Be sure to let them know what medications u are on. Take the bottle with u. It will be ok. Dont worry

Goodluck on the job

[ May 30, 2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: health4life ]

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums
    I looked everywhere online to see if there were any concrete answers and I couldn't find any. I've seen alot of posts that phen is like an amphetamine so I looked that up to see how long that stays in the system. Everything I saw there said 2-4 days tops, depending on metabolism and weight etc..... I don't know, hopefully it will turn out ok!

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hey Julie! I've been told that it gives a positive result for amphetimines. Did you tell them you were on Phen when you took the test? I think if you did that you should be ok. Most tests look for amphetimines, THC, hallicinugens (sp?), etc. At least around here they do. They don't test for something specific, just a class of drugs and phen is in the amphetimine class.

Photos
    View albums

julieb2003, let us know how your test came out. I was curious of the results

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Julie,

If you don't get a definative answer, PM me. Monday is my diet group and there are a number of doctors that will be at the clinic, I can ask one of them.

Beth

[ May 30, 2003, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: galaxygrrl ]
    SW:252
    CW:149
    GW:135

Photos
    View albums

i actually read on this site just the other day that phentermine can give you a positive result for amphetamines with a drug test. but i would think that if you are open with them and tell them you are taking this they will not think you are on illegal drugs. When i took a drug test for a job I got the chance to fill out a form stating everything I have been taking before I gave them a urine sample.
    Start Weight: 252 (4/27/03)
    Current Weight: 188 (12/10/03)
    64 Pounds GONE FOREVER!!!!
    Goal Weight: 150 by 4/27/04

Photos
    View albums

here it is

As Phentermine is similar chemically to amphetamines, taking Phentermine may cause a positive result in urine screening tests for amphetamines.

http://www.phentermine.com/overview_5.htm
    Start Weight: 252 (4/27/03)
    Current Weight: 188 (12/10/03)
    64 Pounds GONE FOREVER!!!!
    Goal Weight: 150 by 4/27/04

crazy Deb :)
    Photos
    View albums
    Will *************** test positive on a urine drug test?
    Urinary drug test fall into 2 categories: Immunoassay tests (screening) and GC/MS test (confirming).

Screening Test:
    The screening test is performed by immunoassay. This is an antibody based testing method used for initial screening of specimens. The immunoassay is sensitive to drug groups, as opposed to individual specific drugs. This test is good at detecting drugs when they are present, but false positives can occur due to the presence of other related drugs. Immunoassays can be preformed in a laboratory or they can be preformed on-site with an instant-type test. If the immunoassay shows a positive, a GC/MS test will be preformed.

Confirmation Test:
    This is performed by GC/MS (Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry). This test is very specific. This test is based on the physical and chemical properties of the specific drug or metabolite to be measured. A positive result indicates the use of a drug containing methamphetamine, amphetamine or a drug that is metabolized to them. A GC/MS confirmation is considered to be the "gold standard" in the drug testing industry and it’s said to be 100% accurate.

Phentermine can cause a false positive for methamphetamine or amphetamine on screening by immunoassay. Phentermine will not test positive for methamphetamine or amphetamine on confirmation by GC/MS.

Benzphetamine (Didrex®) metabolizes to amphetamine and methamphetamine. This will cause a positive urine test result using GC/MS confirmation.
    For more Drug testing info, click on the link. For one more bit of info email me Drug Testing

BRB....will get the link to the drug testing site.

OR Email me @ Deb_Alexis02 @ Hot mail . com

[ May 30, 2003, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: debalexis ]

crazy Deb :)
    Photos
    View albums
    So.....did ya pass the test and get the job?

Photos
    View albums

debalexis, great information. Thanks for posting that.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I took the test Friday so I don't expect to hear anything until at least Wednesday, I guess. About the information about Didrex, does that apply only to Didrex and not phen? My husband is telling me that I am completely over reacting. Maybe I am but most the posts I see have said people have failed. Which I guess raises a new question for me, of those who failed were they taking the meds like normal? Or, did they stop anytime prior?

Photos
    View albums

I did some reading on former posts on drug tests. It seems that some have tested positive for amphetamines on the screening test but when further examined on the confirmation test came out okay. Another post stated she was told " I would need to have it out of my system for at least 2 days for it to show up negative"

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums
    No news yet! I don't know if that is good or bad!

I AM WILLING TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO LIVE A HEALTHY SLIMMER LIFE
    Photos
    View albums

Why are u worrying yourself when u have done nothing wrong? If u didnt tell them before hand that u were on a medication make sure u do when your test comes back. Just show them your bottle.

Thats if it comes back positive. Show them the old bottle

Now please stop worrying :heartpump:

[ June 05, 2003, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: health4life ]

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Smile

You are right, I haven't done anything wrong. I guess I wouldn't be so concerned if my meds didn't come from an online source. I think people look at that differently, like if you couldn't get a doctor to write a prescription you shouldn't be taking it. Know what I mean? My doctor said he would send me to a nutritionist. I know what is good for me, tell it to my appetite!

Photos
    View albums

julieb2003,
    I had thoughts just like you. I wondered what they would think from getting Phen online. But I wondered if your work did inquire about what you were taking, if you told them you had a prescription for Phen and if they ask to see the prescription, you'd show them the bottle that your Phen came in. It has listed a doctor's name. I wouldnt think they'd go any further than that. I wouldnt think you would need to tell them you bought it online. But I could be wrong. Most of the people that posted about getting a random drug test or a pre-employment screen test never followed up with a post of what happened. I wish they would have to see what ever came about of it.

Photos
    View albums

Just thought I'd bump this up and check if julieb2003 heard anything.