Close
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Question

I will be having this done on the 24th. I don't know why...... but i did not ask my Dr. about the cost of this. I have NO insurance.
    I know each Dr. will have different prices. Have any of you had this done? I was gonna have my cervix frozen, but Dr. decided to do it this way.
    I always look at it as He just wants more money.....................I'm calling his office tomorrow and asking. I just wanted to know if ya'll had experienced this. Thanks.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums
    I had it done for no reason! Turned out all they were worried about was some silly scar tissue from having children, uhg!
    As far as price, my insurance covered it but I'm sure it was in the hundreds not thousands. Most docs will allow you to do a payment plan, the goal is to have the bill paid in 1 years time. So lets say the bill is 400 then they would want about 33 dollars a month.
    Make sure they ground the machine before they use it
    *Rae*
    sw 246/cw 183/gw 146
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Live in my own little world, but it's OK, everyone knows me here.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    What in the heck is a LEEP procedure!? Ive had kids I have had my share of pokin and proddin, but NEVER in my 29 yrs have I heard of a LEEP procedure! FROZEN CERVIX? YIKES!

http://www.shopaffordableluxuries.us/aberrones
    Founding Consultant
    Name Brand Candles & Accessories

ANSLEY
    SW 10/17/02 169
    CW 10/28/03 158
    GW 140
    LTGW 135

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

L.E.E.P. stands for loop electrosurgical excision procedure. It removes abnormal tissue from the cervix.
    Frozen is when they freeze the abnormal cells of the cervix.
    Its not fun ....but is pretty painless

Photos
    View albums

I just had a LEEP a few months ago along with a D&C. Insurance paid for it-be sure to tell your doc you have no insurance--sometimes they will help you out-charge less or sometimes nothing! Be sure you understand why this needs to be done too! If you have questions-feel free to pm me!

Photos
    View albums

This is an EXPENSIVE procedure. Given your history it is probably necessary to have the procedure to biospy. I have had this procedure so feel free to ask me any questions as well. As far as the cost - this is about how it breaks down at our hospital -

Clinic Fee 1,100.
    Doctor Fee 500
    Pathology Fee 300

So total it is $1900 - and that is with a discount if you pay within 30 days. After 30 days there is a finance charge. It is important to know that all of these charges are separate and you will probably get billed that way - not an all inclusive bill- this causes a lot of confusion because most people do not realize that there is a separate fee for clinic and doctor. Anyway I hope this helps - and it may be less - the above is from a university hospital based practice. Good luck.

Edited to correct so many spelling errors!

[ March 05, 2003, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: MD2004 ]
    Steph
    SW01-07-2003): 174
    CW06-26-2003): 174.5
    GW: 120

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Photos
    View albums

Whoa! MD!
    Mine wasn't that expensive. My doc only charges a 60 dollar clinic fee. The procedure was a couple hundred and the lab fee was a couple hundred. I guess it depends on where you go and where you live. None of my docs charge finance charges here either. I went through a time where I didn't have insurance. I have a bill I'm still paying on from almost 2 years ago. It was for 3000 (tubal ligation surgery), no finance charges, no interest. I pay them 100 a month but they only ask for 50.
    Heartland...talk with your doc and work something out prior to the procedure. I've found most docs to be very compassionate and understanding about money and I've never met one that wouldn't work with me on a bill. Just be honest and upfront about your situation, it never hurts to ask, what the worst they could say? NO?
    *Rae*
    sw 246/cw 183/gw 146
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Live in my own little world, but it's OK, everyone knows me here.

Photos
    View albums

heartland - how ya doing? how was the trip?

I had a cryotherapy done 7 years ago (the frozen thingie) and it was 250.00 plus lab cost. Dr. said i could have either one the cryo was in office so obviously cheaper but the leep would not be that much more. i would say under 700 or so. and at that time i didn't have insurance so i do believe he knocked off a bit. they are usually so good at that. the cryo hurt a bit but no to bad -- about like a pap but takes a little longer.
    SW 184
    CW 180
    GW 135

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

[ March 05, 2003, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: heartland ]