Close
    Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Question

Hi everyone! It's my turn to bug you guys with a question now, so neener neener So here it is...I've been on the 30 mg of phen since October...and just in the past couple of weeks they have not been working as well and I am starving by mid-afternoon. I had a friend who had some 37.5 mg phen which I tried and I did not like it...my 30 mg did a better job even though they weren't working as well. Last week I saw my doctor and he gave me a prescription for 3 more months of the 30 mg. I saw a site online that said that they had 15 mg tablets. My original idea was to divide the tablet in half and take the half around lunch time and my 30 mg in the morning to see if that would control my hunger throughout the day. Well, the site that I ordered the phen from sent me an email saying that it was an error on their page, they do not have the 15 mg in tablets, only in capsules. So my question is....can I take the 15 mg capsule around my lunchtime? That would make a total of 45 mg which is only 7.5 mg higher than the 37.5 mg pill. Is anyone here taking higher than 37.5 mg of phen? If so, do you have any side effects. My next question is...since it is in a capsule...can I open the capsule up and just take half of it so that I am only taking 37.5 mgs? Would opening the capsule cause it to not work as well, or too quickly? Any ideas, suggestions, or comments please!

[ February 06, 2003, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Rhapsody ]
    ~Shelly~
    Started 10/1/02 258.5 lbs
    Started Phentermine 10/11/02 253lb
    Height: 5'7"
    04/25/03 Reached goal of maintaining between 150-155, average weight of 152.5
    106 pounds lost!

Current weight: 162.5
    Goal weight: To maintain between 155-160

Only those who risk going too far will ever know how far they can go.

Link to before & during pictures:
    http://<a href="http://groups.msn.co...y/pictures</a>

The birthday pic is from Sept. 2002 at my highest 258.5, the next one is April 2003 approx. 155 lbs, and the others are June 2003 approx. 152 lbs
    [IMG]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YgDdAvUgz6pbrp%2a!1SLMt3q2iv9BWDrYf3ZpAKF4aOS7o5r 6BsTQ852IhD8ovFh1mMUf7!83MBeuzfurf!SRI!T9Nw%2an4OC VL79oSqg7Th6L4%2av**HoFjQU5MfMRgszgQJzIqxDdZ5WyyPA 6BjTYzA/Shelly-most-recent.jpg%3fdc=4675421378744992846[/IMG]

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Question

I have wondered the same thing about taking 45mg in a day. I'm with you on the 30mg loosing it's effect, and I've heard not so great stuff about the 37.5mg???

However, if the 30mg is in a capsule, don't open it. Those have little beads of meds in them okay, they are in a certain porportion to each other, and if you just dump 1/2 in your hand, it won't be the correct amount of each medication included in the pill. That's what a post said that I read months ago.

good luck
    shanna
    HEIGHT: 5'10''
    HW: 264
    SW ON PHEN: 251
    CW: 205.6

Photos
    View albums

My doctor put me on 37.5mg tablets and they work great for me. I wouldn't open up the capsules though. If anything, I would consult with your doctor regarding how the effectivenesss of the 30mg have diminished. I just wouldn't want you to take too much and have some adverse health affects in the long run. :heart:
    SW 179 (1/24/03)
    165 lbs (2/20/03)
    160 lbs (3/10/03)
    155 lbs (3/31/03)
    GW 120-135 lbs

Photos
    View albums

I'm a student nurse and NO you cannot open the capsule. Some drugs you can do that, but not phentermine and not to divide the dose. The highest dosage IS 37.5 mg ONCE a day. That is the maximum amount in 24 hours. Any more than that, you risk an overdose.

Highest Weight 279
    SW 259 started phen 2-5-03
    CW 236 Down **22 & 1/2** pounds!!
    GW 160

Please visit my daughters site and donate
    to help a child with Leukemia

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4vzf4/

Photos
    View albums

I was a candystriper I really was but got "fired" because I got caught keeping a good looking patient in traction warm...anyway...unless the pill has a line down the center it is not proportioned 50/50--and never open a capsule! AND never lay in bed with a patient while you are working! :blabla: :blabla:

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi Rhapsody I just seen my weight Dr. last week for the first time he put me on the generic phen 37.5 he said I should take one at 9am and one at 5pm he gave me enought for 30 days (60 pills) but he also said if 1 of the pills work just fine for me then I could break it in half.... take half in the morning and the other half in the afternoon that way the pills would last me longer but I should not take it late because it will keep you up........ he also gave me furosemide a (water pill) and a fat burner (chromium Picolinate) I haven't tried taking a whole pill in the morning and a whole pill in the afternoon yet I figured I would wait and see how it controls my appetite.
    SW-190
    CW-170
    GW-150