Close
    Photos
    View albums

Question

Or does it have other attributes like raising body temperature to cause a thermogenic state? And does it cause you to feel full faster when you eat?
    I know my newbie colors are really shining now!

2. Advertising
    advertising

nal
    Photos
    View albums

As far as I know, it is simply an appetite suppressant. But I certainly don't know everything. If I were you, I'd get on the net and search for drug info.
    Are We Cruisin' Yet?

Photos
    View albums

Cool

Well I've read a lot of people stating that they sweat a lot on it, that's why I was wondering if there is a thermogenic effect from it. And I've never taken an appetite suppressant before, so I don't know if that means you just don't want to eat, or if when you're eating you actually feel full faster.
    Thanks for responding and if you want to respond again and give some info on how those questions would be answered from your personal experience I'd love to read it.

Photos
    View albums

Hey Jammies~ (first WELCOME!) - I think it affects everyone differently. My own experience is that it doesn't make me any warmer (my hands get cold, though). It makes me not hungry, and when I eat, I get full MUCH faster. Not sure if this is the phen or a result of my stomach shrinking from not eating as much.
    Cassie

* Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile...*

Photos
    View albums

Thanks Cassie! Could be a result of both! Sounds great though, I can't wait to see my doctor again and talk to her about getting it.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hey Jammies

I still get hunger pains on the phen and it doesn't really make me feel full faster as much as it just makes me feel satisfied quicker when I eat. Not a full feeling just a lack of desire for more food. If I'm eating something while I'm doing other things I'll start to eat and then forget to finish. I've only been doing it for 5 weeks, but so far so good, with no negatives at all.

Good Luck...and welcome!
    BAMAGU SW:240(2/25/02) CW:210 LTG:145-150

bamagu's pics

Photos
    View albums

Thanks BAMAGU, I see you've already lost 20 lbs, so it must be working at least!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I'm very curious about this too. I think it has to be more than just an appetite suppresant. I lost 5 pounds in the first week taking 1/2 tab of 37.5 in the a.m. and by the p.m. i was still hungry. i ate all the same things i normally do (i eat fairly healthy--never grease or things too fatty), which leads me to believe that it's more than an appetite suppresant. please post if you find out any info. i know this question was asked a few weeks ago, too.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Have you guys seen the monograph for phen?

Here is part of it
    CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY

Phentermine hydrochloride is a sympathomimetic amine with pharmacologic activity similar to the prototype drugs of this class used in obesity, the amphetamines. Actions include central nervous system stimulation and elevation of blood pressure. Tachyphylaxis and tolerance have been demonstrated with all drugs of this class in which these phenomena have been looked for.

Drugs of this class used in obesity are commonly known as "anorectics" or "anorexigenics." It has not been established that the action of such drugs in treating obesity is primarily one of appetite suppression. Other central nervous system actions, or metabolic effects may be involved, for example.

Adult obese subjects instructed in dietary management and treated with "anorectic" drugs, lose more weight on the average than those treated with placebo and diet, as determined in relatively short-term clinical trials.

The magnitude of increased weight loss of drug-treated patients over placebo-treated patients is only a fraction of a pound a week. The rate of weight loss is greatest in the first weeks of therapy for both drug and placebo subjects and tends to decrease in succeeding weeks. The possible origins of the increased weight loss due to the various drug effects are not established. The amount of weight loss associated with the use of an "anorectic" drug varies from trial to trial, and the increased weight loss appears to be related in proof to variables other than the drugs prescribed, such as the physician-investigator, the population treated, and the diet prescribed. Studies do not permit conclusions as to the relative importance of the drug and non-drug factors on weight loss.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Arrow

Phen has the same effects on me as they do for Cassie.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi ) Ive Been on Phen since March 14th. So far, it seems to curb my appetite, but I notice once I actually DO eat...I could keep eating! And I do :S With me, it seems to work better on some days than others. Im still trying to get a routine down and eat healthier too...im not quite sure I have that bit down yet ( I had chicken wings for lunch..broiled)Anyhow, Im hoping that these Phen 30's will help or get better, as my doc says I cant have 37.5 because he says they dont help as much or because they are apidex (?) I dont understand why I cant have stronger pills, but I suppose doctor knows best

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I think it's basically what's called "speed", just a prescription form.
    Otherwise, why does it speed up your heart? From what I've read about it, it speeds up your body and suppresses your appetite.
    If it is to be, <BR>it is up to me!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Smartass-

I dont know where you read what you just said, but I can tell you I have had no side effects other than dry mouth. No heart palpitations or anything like that. It hasnt sped up any body functions of mine (except maybe that I have to go tinkle more...because of all the water I drink to combat the dry mouth). I WISH it sped up the fat burning process and imitated a work out too..hehe

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

(Also try:

anoreclic******* dot com Then click on PHENTERMINE)

Found by searching for phentermine on *****:

What is phentermine?
    • Phentermine is a sympathomimetic amine, which is similar to an amphetamine. It is also known as an "anorectic" or "anorexigenic" drug. Phentermine stimulates the central nervous system (nerves and brain), which increases your heart rate and blood pressure and decreases your appetite.

Fact sheet from searching at dictionary dot com:

AMPHETAMINES
    SLANG TERMS
    uppers
    ups
    wake ups
    bennies
    dexies
    black beauties
    jollies
    speed
    An amphetamine is a drug that is a stimulant to the central nervous system.

Amphetamines are colorless and may be inhaled, injected, or swallowed.

These drugs may be used medically to treat depression, obesity, and other conditions.

Amphetamines are also used non-medically to:
    avoid sleep
    improve athletic performance
    counter the effects of depressant drugs
    Amphetamines may be referred to as speed or uppers.

IMMEDIATE EFFECTS
    increased talkativeness
    increased aggressiveness
    increased breathing rate
    increased heart rate
    increased blood pressure
    reduced appetite
    dilated pupils
    visual hallucinations
    auditory hallucinations
    ACTIONS BECOME
    compulsive
    repetitive
    less organized
    suspicious
    self-conscious
    EFFECTS OF LARGE DOSES
    fever and sweating
    dry mouth
    headache
    paleness
    blurred vision
    dizziness
    irregular heartbeat
    tremors
    loss of coordination
    collapse
    Death may also occur due to burst blood vessels in the brain, heart failure, or very high fever.

LONG-TERM EFFECTS
    mental illness similar to paranoid schizophrenia
    malnutrition due to suppression of appetite
    increased susceptibility to illness due to poor diet, lack of sleep and unhealthy environment
    violence and aggression
    multiple drug users may use other drugs to counter unwanted side effects of amphetamines
    infections resulting from IV injections
    blockage of blood vessels
    tolerance and dependence
    Amphetamines are addictive. Because of this, when the user discontinues use or reduces the amount he/she uses, withdrawal symptoms may occur.

WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS
    severe exhaustion
    deep sleep lasting from 24 to 48 hours
    psychotic reaction
    extreme hunger
    deep depression
    anxiety reactions
    long but disturbed sleep
    Although someone using amphetamines may experience withdrawal symptoms for a short period of time, the benefits to a person who stops using the drug greatly outweigh an addiction to amphetarnines.

These benefits include improved health and greater enjoyment of everyday activities.

EFFECTS OF USE DURING PREGNANCY

It is possible for babies of mothers who use amphetamines to be born with:
    cardiac defects
    cleft palate
    birth defects
    addiction and withdrawal
    Because amphetamines suppress appetite and give the user feelings of energy, they are sometimes abused by people who are trying to lose weight.

But, because appetite is suppressed and decreased, malnutrition occurs. The user will not be getting enough vitamins or minerals and will become ill more often. He/she may also lose a dangerous amount of weight.

When a person stops using amphetamines, he/she experiences strong hunger. Eventually the appetite returns to its normal level or increases.

Abuse of amphetamines is not a safe nor effective way to lose weight.

(Just read the warnings from your prescription.)

Also try:

anoreclic******* dot com Then click on PHENTERMINE

[ April 03, 2002: Message edited by: smartass ]
    If it is to be, <BR>it is up to me!