Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums
    The first time I took phentermine was in 1996, and I was about 45 pounds overweight. I took it for about five months (on three weeks, off a week, so it would stay effective). I lost 35 pounds, and looked and felt much better. I kept most of it off for three years.
    Having had a baby in 1999, then nursed almost a year, I've gained a lot of the weight back now. I'm trying to lose it and ordered phentermine online (it's embarrassing to ask a doctor, and they usually don't want to prescribe it). I don't remember which website I used. The drug wasn't nearly as effective, and I really haven't been losing weight. Is this my metabolism, a resistance since I took it several years ago, or could the company from which I ordered it have sent me "diluted" medication? It looks the same (blue and clear capsules with blue and white dots inside).

Anyone have help?

Rangie

2. Advertising
    advertising

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

*Bump*

Hey, Robina... help her out, will ya

rangies, not to worry! Robin will be by soon to shed some light on this for ya...

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    HI
    It's probably the same pill. You either had the Fastin or the E5000 one in 96. I wish I could tell you that the pill was "diluted", but it's not Phen never works as good the second time around. Even if you haven't taken it for years, it's never the same as what it was the first time. That baby in 1999 probably had something to do with your metabolism change Are you over 30? Age affects metabolism too ... I just know it makes losing weight harder. Next time order the 37.5 mg tablets. The ones you're on now are time-release. The 37.5 mg tablets are immediate release. This might help. For right now ... EXERCISE MORE

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the info! It was the E5000 I think. I went ahead and ordered 37.5, but they are so expensive! Merry Christmas to me, I guess. I do need to exercise more. Before the baby, I was a jazzercise-aholic and went 4 - 6 times a week. Babies have a way, however, of draining your energy or not sleeping at all and/or getting sick so you can't expose them to other kids, etc. My will is still there to work out, the way just isn't always. We just moved from TX to TN a couple weeks ago, and the nearest Jazzercise with babysitting is a half-hour's drive away (without traffic). It's going to take a lot of willpower, but we have a great neighborhood for walking. And, yes, I crossed the 30-year mark between 96 and now. BUT - I went from nursing and eating a steady 2000 - 2500 calories a day to weaning and not eating but 1100 - 1500 a day, and was not able to lose more than 10 pounds over a three month period, and no more since then. Frustrating. Hopefully the 37.5s will work. We are going to try for baby #2 this year. Do you think I should wait to take the 37.5s for after the next weaning, because if the 30s got less effective the second time around, what if the 37.5s don't work the "third" time around? Should I save them? How are all of these other people staying on phentermine for years at a time and having results? Isn't that unhealthy to stay on it that long? Last time around, I modified my diet into a realistic routine, and with my height, I can afford to eat 1500 - 1800 cals a day to maintain a reasonable weight. When I went off the pills I didn't have a problem maintaining. This time, even with caloric management I'm a heifer. What are your thoughts? And thank you.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    I sympathize with you!!! I gained 40lbs in the last 4 years through 2 pregnancies and breastfeeding. I am also over age 30 and this is STUBBORN weight!!!!

When will you try to get preg? You should not try to get preg while taking phen. This is what all the literature says anyway. So....if you are trying now I would say don't take phen. But if you are waiting to try then go ahead and see if it helps with weight loss.

Dawn

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Rangies

"Do you think I should wait to take the 37.5s for after the next weaning, because if the 30s got less effective the second time around, what if the 37.5s don't work the "third" time around? Should I save them?"

I like you You are planning ahead. It's like you're preparing yourself becasue you know you're going to get fat. Baby's are great! But they make you fat! That's the first thing that comes to my mind when I think about having another (but I never think about this ... LOL.) Anyway ... if you don't get the weight off after one child and before the next, that old baby weight glues itself to your body for life. It sure as hell seems like it does! It's kinda like first weight on is last weight off. So ... what was your question? I went off rambling again ... SORRY!

You know how immunization/inoculation works? The doc injects you with a small amount of the disease/virus so you'll be immune to it. Phentermine kinda works the same way. It says this right in the PDR ...
    "Tachyphylaxis and tolerance have been demonstrated with all drugs of this class...." Now let me get the other book out and look up Tachyphylaxis

Tachyphylaxis
    1) "Rapid desensitization to a pharmacologically or physiologically active substance produced by inoculation with a series of small doses."
    2) "A rapid decreasing response to a drug following it's inital administration."
    <html><marquee bgcolor="ivory">Phentermine works best the first time around!</marquee>
    You are also always supposed to start out with the least amount of phen possible. You can't go backwards on phen and get better results. Once you move up to a 37.5 mg tablet, the 30mg capsule (the immediate release one) wont do ****!

You've been taking the 30mg time-release capsule both times. And you already plan on taking phentermine (again) after you have the second baby. In my opinion (LOL) the best phen for you to take right now (considering all the facts) would be the Crappy Yellow Capsule This is a 30mg immediate release capsule. You would FEEL this more than the pills you have right now, but less than the white/blue speck/37.5mg tablets. And since you want to take phen after the next baby, the 37.5mg tablets would be your best phen choice at that time. So don't waste the power of the white/blue speck tablets right now if you are going to need help later. hehe

I'm starting to sound like a f**king nut!

"How are all of these other people staying on phentermine for years at a time and having results?" Most of these "other people" aren't having weight lose results. Phentermine just helps them to maintain their goal weight or not get any fatter. This is why EXERCISING IS SO IMPORTANT. It's the exercising that helps the most! Phen will help with appetite and give you an energy boost, but you have to exercise if you want REAL and lasting results. Taking phen without exercising only makes things worse in the long run. Especially if you lost most of the pounds because you starved them off your body. Those pounds WILL come back and they might be doubled.

So get your butt out there in that great neighborhood and start walking!

You want these pills right now:
    Not these:

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

This is sort of off the topic but I'm curious because we're planning on a baby in a few years. I know having a baby makes you fat, but does breast feeding keep the weight on too?

Also, what is a normal amount of weight to gain during a pregnancy?

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums
    This is one I can answer with confidence: everybody is different. For the most part, if you have always had a weight problem before you got pregnant, you (like me) will probably keep some extra weight after weaning. The ladies I know who were thin before were thin after, sickeningly. When I breastfed, I couldn't eat enough. I actually chose foods I could eat while breastfeeding so that I didn't have to put the baby down. Your initial weight loss after pregnancy is quicker if you breastfeed, but only for about two weeks. I gained about 33 pounds, lost 25 within two weeks of birth, and 15 months later I am actually carrying ten pounds more than when I became pregnant. Some people continue to lose while breastfeeding, and books tell you you should. However, I didn't, and plenty of others like me are out there. I think your weight tendencies will stay the same (if you tend to gain, you will have a harder time losing). What helped me the most while pregnant was exercise and to keep a CLOSE eye on every calorie. When I gained too much in a week, it was no suprise, because I charted my caloric intake daily (yes, a little anal). As far as how much to gain during pregnancy, my father in law is an OB/GYN, and his advice proved correct: anything you gain over 25 pounds is yours to keep.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums
    Thank you SO much for your tips. Unfortunately, all I have is the E5000 and my 37.5s just arrived in the mail. I was sent the yellow tablets. I think I'll hold on to them until I've finished having babies. Do they expire?

I will get my bootie moving more. It's the only answer, and I believe it.

thanks again!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

My 30mg clear/blue with blue/white beads expire 1 year from the day they were issued.