Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Angry

I just got back from my Dr. this was my first weigh in. I thought I was doing good, I was 190 and went down to 166 in a month.
    Obviously this is not good enough.
    CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO LOSE THE MAX WEIGHT WHILE TAKING PHENTERMINE? WHAT DO I EAT? WHEN DO I EAT IT?
    I am so right now. Im not going to let that jerk discourage me because i feel i did rather well and to me thats all that counts BUT I want to show him on my next visit. So girls I have one month and i need you HELP!
    Feel free to e-mail me too. adrianne@pennservers.com

Thanks in advance for all your help. I really appreciate it.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Smile

A_GRZY,
    You have already proven to this A** that phentermine works for you. Don't continue to mess up a good working metabolism just to spite him. Lose this weight for you! Don't do it for anyone else. His words can only discourage you if you let them. You said yourself, "I thought I was doing good." I think you did a remarkable job. You could lose about 180 pounds if you get rid of that doctor. Show him that on your next visit.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hello A_GRZY,

I just read your post, & I am sitting here pissed off thinking what a freaking jerk your doctor must be, besides a complete moron! Do you realize, that you lost 6lbs a week? That is totally awsome! They say you should only lose 3-4 pds. a week, & you lost 6. If I were you I would keep doing what your doing already, because it is very effective. You don't want to rush this weight loss, because,then your risking the chance of losing muscle instead of fat. Any realistic doctor would agree.Just like Robin said you don't want to screw up your matabolism.I know we all get in a hurry to lose the weight as fast as possible, but if were not patient, & do it right the first time, then more than likely we will not keep it off, but if you do it slowly & correctly the first time & your matabolism has a chance to ajust along the way, then you will have alot easier time keeping it off forever.This is just some "food for thought". Good luck & Good work!

CANCAN

Question

I want to know how you lost that much weight in 1 month. I have been on it for 8wks and only lost 10 pds. what is the secret? Am I missing something?

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

i've been on 3 wks and lost 6 pounds. why??????!!!!! i exercise regularly and eat right. why are you people losing so much more weight than me? i take 30mg and i have 20 pounds to lose . help!

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

There's no secret. It's just the way it is. It depends on a couple of things.

1) Have you ever taken Phentermine before
    2) Past yo-yo dieting
    3) Body mass
    4) Fat, water, or muscle loss
    5) Exercise
    6) Age
    7) Luck

No "one way" is going to work for everyone. Don't be in such a hurry to lose the weight fast. Just do all the right things and it will happen. And it ok to b**ch about it. We need to have some way to release our frustrations.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Wink

Thank you eveyone for your support. I am so thanksful that you girls are out here. I was very upset until I read what you wrote to me. It is alittle discouraging but with your support I think I will be okay. THANK YOU SO MUCH !

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

CANCAN- I have been exercising my a** off and eating healthy. I have 36 more pounds to go. You will loose it dont worry. At first I was like yeah okay Im not losing weight but then all the sudden it hit. For everyone (not that Im an expert because I am NOT) but I would say to start the day off with a good breakfast to get your metabolism going like for ex. chex wheat cereal w/ skim milk and 2 hours later take your phen. and exercise for about 1 to 2 hours. Then for lunch have a piece of fruit and some tuna. Maybe for dinner eat tuna mixed in with greens. Drinks alot of water and exercise!!!
    Let me know how you do. Good Luck.

[This message has been edited by A_Grzy (edited May 03, 2000).]

merle

A_GRZY, is that how little you eat everyday in order to lose 6 lbs in a week? I thought we were suppose to take the phen 1/2 hour before meal? Does it make a difference? Thanks.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Wink

Merle...

Did your ** come with an information sheet? It should tell you on there when to take the phentermine. If you don't see it on there, look on the pill bottle...it should definitely be on there. Everybody's bottle may say something different...mine says take 1/2 hour before breakfast...some say one hour before breakfast...some even take theirs at lunch. Everybody responds differently, so eating exactly what someone else eats won't necessarily cause you to lose the same amount of weight as they did. First you should make sure that the phen isn't hurting you...then maybe try some different things and see what works best for you. After you learn what to expect and know how your body reacts to the medicine, you can determine what time is best for you to take the pill. If you have trouble sleeping at night, try taking the phen a little earlier in the morning...if you have trouble with controlling cravings in the evening, you could try taking it a little later so the effects will last long enough. Hang in there...finals are almost over

kelik

my prescription bottle says take at 8am and 3 pm.
    I never knew anything about 1/2 hr before eating

merle

Hi MollyE, mines say take 1/2 hour before meal so I guess I will follow that. I am doing my body checkup on Friday, taking some blood test also, but I don't know whether taking the phen will affect the results of the blood test? I am still having a little pain in the back, maybe my dose is too strong. Yup, finals is almost over, thank god.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Question

Merle...

Does your doctor know that you are on phen? If not, are you gonna tell him when you describe your chest pain? I think you probably should in order for him to diagnose you correctly. About the blood test...I assume that phen would probably show a false positive on a drug test...but a blood test and a drug test are two different things. A blood test usually counts platelets, white blood cells, hormone levels, etc. to check biological changes in the body (i.e. infections, anemia, thyroid problems, pregnancy). A drug test usually involves obtaining a urine specimen, which is then tested specifically for certain drugs. You shouldn't have to worry too much about taking a drug test unless you are required to have one for a job, or you get arrested. I am not sure whether your doctor will check your blood for drugs...and for that matter, I'm not sure if they would even show up in the blood. Just to be safe, go ahead and disclose that you are taking the phen and there shouldn't be any misunderstandings either way...Good luck

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Molly E.
    You're up early. What you doing? Looking for your fish?

cancan

A-GrZy I wasn't excercising my doctor told me if I stick to the diet I would loose the weight without excersing. Maybe that's why I haven't been that successful. I have started excercising this week. I've been on my bike 3 days in a row. I can only do 20 min which is about 4miles right now. With my 2 kids 7 and 9months I really don't have time to do any longer. I have also started to walk on my lunch break at work so I will stay away from the vending machine.