Close
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Red face NEED a Dr in Minneapolis, MN area!!!

HELP, I used to be on Phen at the end of last year, and I want to get back on but my Dr Retired. I have seen a few different Dr's but they wont perscribe, they are not comfortable with this med, only Meridia (which I have tried and doesn't work), please if anyone will help it would make my day, Thank You!!!!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Heather,
    Try looking in the yellow pages for a wt. loss clinic and see if they will give it to you.. Sometimes calling around to diff doc and asking if they give wt loss pills will help too. If not try the wt loss clinic.I know a lot of ppl get phen from their GYN. GOOD LUCK

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks, but I have tried all of that, there are really no weight loss clinics in MN more Bariatric Surgeons than anything, and my GYN wont give them to me, I have went to like 8 differnent Dr. over the past 2 months and they all look at me like im a freak for asking for it, or they tell me they will refer me to a Dr that is more comfortable perscribing it, but they never call with a referal.

Photos
    View albums

You can try this link this is where I found my doctor, you would need to call around because not all the doctors on there prescribe, but I hope this helps. http://www.asbp.org/locate_physician.php

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Annimom View Post
    You can try this link this is where I found my doctor, you would need to call around because not all the doctors on there prescribe, but I hope this helps. http://www.asbp.org/locate_physician.php
    How do I find out if they prescribe, ask them when I call or make an appt with the Dr?

Photos
    View albums

What I did was call and ask if they have a weight loss program and if so if it entailed taking any medications and what thoes medications are, that way I did not just come out and ask if the doctor prescribe phen, I did not want to look desperate. But it is entirely up to you. You can just call and ask if they prescribe. I don't think you want to be making so many appointments with so many doctors that would take you too much time. Good luck.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

What I did was call and ask if they have a weight loss program and if so if it entailed taking any medications and what thoes medications are, that way I did not just come out and ask if the doctor prescribe phen, I did not want to look desperate. But it is entirely up to you. You can just call and ask if they prescribe. I don't think you want to be making so many appointments with so many doctors that would take you too much time. Good luck.
    Thank You!

Photos
    View albums

No problem, I hope you find a doctor!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default FYI

For future reference to anyone in Minnesota, The only place I have found so far that DOES Prescribe Phentermine is a place called "A Better Way Health Center", they are in Edina, and insurance doesn't cover anything, the first visit is $50 and includes 1 week of pills, the second visit is $60 and includes 2 weeks of pills, and after that its $80 a month and includes 4 weeks of pills.

Photos
    View albums

I think this is about normal for places like that, mine is $100 a month and that includes the pills as well. I am glad you found a place.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I think this is about normal for places like that, mine is $100 a month and that includes the pills as well. I am glad you found a place.
    Im kinda antsy to get started again and I dont want to wait untill next thursday, but that is when the next available appointment is. This kinda place is different for me my last doc was my primary, and I would just go in once a month get weighed, blood taken vitals, and be on my way. This place sounds to be more in-depth, prob something I need since I have gained back 25lbs since May.

Photos
    View albums

Well before you know it you will be losing it like the rest of us.I am sure you are excited to get started remember it is not the phen that is a miracle pill it is just an aide to help you, you still have to eat right and exercise. And remember to drink plenty of water. You will do just fine. I am happy for you.

Photos
    View albums

I was there yesterday at Better way health center - I was given phentermine 37.5 k-25 but I don't get the same effect from the old phetermine I used to take. I am getting headache though , no dry-mouth, no the usual side effects. I feel hungry which is a little bit unusual when taking taking phentermine. I don't feel energized at all. It is weird. I have been off phentermine for 2 years now and it should have a strong effect on me again but unfortunately I am not getting it. Is this fake phentermine? The doctor gave it to me though...Any thoughts?

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I have an appointment there soon. I know the 37.5 are not as effective. They must not be the real deal Im guessing if you don't even have to go to a pharmacy to get a script filled. The only effective phentermine in my opinion is the 15mg gray/yellow or 30mg all yellow pills. The 37.5 are crap. I think I'm gonna cancel.

Phen Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

I was wondering about that.
    My doctor prescribed the 30 mg yellow and it worked great. I am having a really hard time finding it on the internet but the 37.5 is all over the place.
    I also live in the Mpls area , if you can help me get the 30 mg I would appreciate it.

Photos
    View albums

This is Julie in California! I found a great Dr. on http://www.asbp.org/ which is The American Society of Bariatric Physicians. Type in your state and look up the Doctors in your area. Call them or check their website to see if they prescribe Phentermine as a part of their weight loss program. Usually the receptionist will tell you if they do and what their pricing is for consultations and visits.

Good Luck!