Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Doctor who prescribes Phentermine St. Louis Missouri Region

Hello,

I can not find any doctor within 75miles of the st. louis missouri area that prescribes phentermine for weight loss.

I am a 5ft 9inch male at 256lbs at 39yrs old who needs to lose weight. I lift weights and treadmill 30minutes every other day with heart rate 150-160bpm.

I can bring necessary lab works and EKG as necessary from my primary physician (who does not do medical weight loss).

I can meet monthly for refills and follow-up care.

If anybody can be of assistance, please contact me.

Thank you for any and all help. Please, if somebody posts, please also give me your posts and experiences with doctors within this region who will do this kind of medical weight loss, as Doctor's leave areas for various reasons.

thanks again.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

We have several doctors here in Tulsa that do it....It's just a 6 hour drive from you. They will do all of your bloodwork and set you up with a persciption. I know that they will mail it to you monthly but you have to come in for a yearly check up.............I just dont know if you want to drive down here.....lemme know and I will give you his info.....

HCG Weekly Goals
    Starting weight on Aug 4th-211
    Aug 11th-
    Aug 18th-
    Aug 25th-
    Sept 1st-
    Sept 8th-
    Sept 15th-
    Goal 175 by my birthday (Sept 17th)

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

SabineL,

Are you sure they 'mail' the medication? Usually they mail the prescription to a pharmacy of your choosing, and do not mail the medication or the prescription (the written paper) to you personally.

I doubt my medical insurance would cover that bloodwork.

I would indeed strongly consider driving once a year to Tulsa, OK, and meeting with a physician (this is an MD? or DO? licensed in USA?) and having blood work done and the evaluation.

Please provide any information you can, and thanks a million for the lead.

Again, altho I would prefer meeting a physician closer to st. louis, if indeed it is true that the physician would need to only meet once a year, it may be an acceptable alternative.

Can you give me more information about all the involved costs?

I am a bit confused about the ongoing costs, because it was my past experience that the doctor met with me personally every 30days, and I had to pay him the fee every 30 days, and I could pick up the prescription from his office (this was sometine in 2002 I believe).

I am also interested in knowing how the medication is delivered. I wouldnt want to actually receive the medication itself across state lines via the united states postal service 'just in case'. Sometimes the federal government is truly a trip. Nothing personal to me, just things I have read online. Like I see that Dr. Branch of Texas (a medical doctor) no longer practices. Apparently he had a progress report submitted monthly online, and would send the prescription to the pharmacy of the patient's choosing.

I see that the federal government shut down his practice.

A great shame as obesity is an epidemic (I hear that approximately 1/5 americans are obese) that truly needs intervention.

Take me for instance........I can exercise. But not eating is not in my genes. I eat alot of food. It can be healthy food. I am not talking about eating out at Mcdonalds every day.........I eat food that I prepare here in my home, and I find it EXTREMELY difficult to diet.

Lifting weights every other day, and running on the treadmil on alternating every other days for 30minutes, is MUCH easier than dieting for me!

I imagine many others could also lose weight if they could mitigate their appetites.

Thanks again, and await any info you can provide.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default phen in st.louis mo

hello i recently went to a dr. in st.louis he is located in Bridgeton off of Mckelvey by Depaul hospital he's listed in the yellow pages under weight loss clinic 55 office visit,25 month supply of pills

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

elle3,

I actually live in illinois, just outside st. louis, and therefore do not have a st. louis phone book. can you post more info, or private message me the info, please? I would be very appreciative.

SabineL,

I never heard back from you. If you could post or private message me the info, please? thanks for all your help.

you can pm by clicking my nic, whoisbambam, and then looking on the right hand side about the middle of the page, beneath 'contact info'.

please, any help most appreciated. i do have an old phone book from st. louis, about 2002, and it does not have this listing.

I am willing to travel to any doctor within 100miles of st. louis. I will consider longer distances if they are like the Tulsa post, wherein you meet once a year in person.

thanks again.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

elle3,

i tried to do a search on the online yellow pages for st. louis and could not find a category for 'weight loss clinic'. all that showed up was 'weight control services' and upon review of that category, i could not find this doctor based on only the info posted.

any other info you can provide, please help. if you dont feel comfortable posting public, please PM.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Can you give me the info for the st louis doc please

I think in Illinois near st louis also can you pm me the info on the doc please.

Thanks Rachel

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Thumbs up St Louis Weight Loss Doctors

I am searching for a doctor who provides food and meds. I used to see Dr Rick Tague and Dr Nancy Burge at the Center for Nutrition in Topeka, KS, and lost weight. But with life changes I let some of the weight creep back on and I am noticing pain in the joints telling me we can't go back to being obese.

Here are two links for your research. Dr Hani Charles Soudah is in both links and Dr Edward Puro is at the Center for Medical Weigth Loss.

http://www.heal-stl.org/dietinfo.html

http://www.centerformedicalweightloss.com/

The Center for Medical Weight Loss site has a zip code locator for across the states and had this posted:

CMWL physicians use the latest and most effective techniques in the field. With high-quality nutritional products available only to medical doctors and the latest FDA-approved weight loss prescription medications, The Center for Medical Weight Loss offers results that no commercial program can match. Each physician is committed to helping you lose weight quickly and safely, but most importantly, to helping you keep the weight off permanently.

Let me know if you find a doctor who writes ** and provides specialized food.

Hope this helps and good luck with the weight loss. You can do it!

sweettart

Hello. I live in ks but I drive a hour away to Joplin mo. Its about 4 hours from u ! If u would like I can give u my drs name and number. They may know of a dr closer to u that can help u. Just let me know if I can help !

tazgirl31

Quote Originally Posted by whoisbambam View Post
    Hello,

I can not find any doctor within 75miles of the st. louis missouri area that prescribes phentermine for weight loss.

I am a 5ft 9inch male at 256lbs at 39yrs old who needs to lose weight. I lift weights and treadmill 30minutes every other day with heart rate 150-160bpm.

I can bring necessary lab works and EKG as necessary from my primary physician (who does not do medical weight loss).

I can meet monthly for refills and follow-up care.

If anybody can be of assistance, please contact me.

Thank you for any and all help. Please, if somebody posts, please also give me your posts and experiences with doctors within this region who will do this kind of medical weight loss, as Doctor's leave areas for various reasons.

thanks again.

Hey there!!! I live around 4 hours from u...Im at the lake of the ozarks....I no there is a good doctor in lebanon which would be like maybe 3 hours or so from u....I can give you the doctors info if you are interested!! He will actually let u stay on phen for 6 months then take a break and will let you go back on it.....My sister inlaw goes to him and said hes great...And he wont make you do a ekg or anything.....My sister in law just went and talked to him he checked her blood pressure asked a few questions and put her on phen....No blood work or anytihng unless you have health problems.....I also no there is a doctor in st louis cause My friends have gone there in the past...Maybe just call around a few doctor offices and check them out.....Pm me if you need anymore info!! And good luck in finding a doctor....

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Dr in STL

Hi,
    THere is a dr in STL that does prescribe it. I use to live there and i went to him. His nam is Dr. Villafuerte Renato G MD and the number is 314) 770-1805‎. Give him a call maybe he is still in business. Good Luck!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Did anyone find a doctor to perscribe in st.louis...I would love to have some one to work with me on this...

lrosales

Dr.Paul Selvadurai 6651 chippewa ave suite 214 (314)647-5306...

he is on the south side,he has a weight loss program and he will prescibe phen...

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Dr. Paul Selvadurai

Is he still in business? I called that phone number today and there was no answer,no voicemail or anything. Do you have any other numbers for him, or any other doctor in area that prescribes?

thanks