Close
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default WHO'S BEN TO A WEIGHT LOSS CLINIC?

Hello everyone,

A week ago I went to PCP to try and get my doc to prescribe phen. She told me even though she did have some patients on it she did not want to give to me even though with my BMI I was a candidate it she would not do it.. She ended up taking blood work from me and told me to come back in two weeks..UGH!
    Anywho there is a weight managment clinic her in Liberty Missouri where I live but I was told that my first visit which I have to pay out of pocket would be $70 for 1st visit but that that would only be for first consultation with doc. And on 2nd visit I would have to pay 175 for blood work, EKG testing ect. I asked the nurse over phone if fer sure the doc whould prescibe phen on consultation meeting and she could not answer she said it depended on the type of program that doc and I do. UGH!!!!

My main question is has anyone been to a weight loss clinic. What exactly do they do on your first visit and do they prescribe on that day or what, and what is the usual amount I might have to be paying...

Please please I am so frustrated and only wanting help by taking phen. I just dont know and I am getting more and more depressed.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Default I go to one

I've only been once so far. I went on April 15th. I was weighed, filled out a general medical info sheet, then given a packet of vitamins, asked if I would prefer vitamin shots or pills, then given my phen and told to come back in a month. In all honesty I think where I'm going is just out for money lol. It is $100 a month. The nurse practitioner there said they don't do any blood work or anything.

Photos
    View albums

I go to a weight loss clinic, the price sounds fairly reasonable. My first visit included bloodwork and an EKG. The cost was $200, which included one week supply of medication.

More than likely you will get phen the first day, I did. I think alot of doctors are turned off by people callling asking specifically for phentermine, because of it's possible dependency. You are, it appears (from your profile), at least 50lbs overweight, and unless there are medical issues uncovered during you exam, you will get phentermine from the clinic. Good luck to you.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

i went to a weight loss clinic and i have to bring htem recent blood work results and they made sure i was obease. then i went through this orentation thing about phen and what to eat. then i met with the doc n got my meds. but each place is different. if i was you i'd wait to see your doc again in 2 weeks and see what has has to say, n if she still says no then go to a clinic

o0o n you might get more responses if you post this in the "experience with phentermine" board

2/10/08 - 3/08/08** -19 (Month 1 on Phen)
    3/15/08 - 4/05/08** -31 (Month 2 on Phen)
    4/12/08 - 5/03/08** -35 (Month 3 on Phen)
    5/10/08 - 5/31/08** -45 (Month 4 on Phen)
    6/07/08 - 6/28/08** -49 (Month 5 NO Phen)
    7/12/08- 7/26/08 ** -58 (Month 6 on Phen)

month 5 results
    1st mini goal=215 met
    2nd mini goal=200 met
    3rd mini goal=185 met
    4th mini goal= 170

Photos
    View albums

Default Response!

To answer your question . . .
    I'm seeing a Weight Clinic in Rhode Island. My doctor would not prescribe any meds to me because I wasn't considered obese [70+ pounds to lose]. With that stated, yes I'm paying a lot of money to lose weight, which I was prescribed Phentermine 30 mg. My health is worth spending the money.

Maybe you might want to see a nutritionist instead of a Weight Clinic if you cannot afford to spend the money. This is just one suggestion.

I started taking Phentermine on March 15th . . . I've lost a total of 23.4 lbs.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

OK but Weight loss clinic? weight loss managment? This doc brocure says weight loss management. He is also a OBGYN. Do you think there is a difference. I mean I see like, here in my town we have a "INCHES AWEIGH" weight loss clinic do you think they are all the same. Money is not really an issue but again, I do not want to pay money when I really dont have to

Photos
    View albums

I also go to a weight loss clinic, called transformations. They have been open close to 20 years now. To begin the doctor does an initial consultation, plus blood work, you see a nutritionist and then you decide what medication is best for you. The initial fee is $130 and then you pay 40 a week. I just started last tuesday and so far Ive lost 4 pounds.

My recommendation is exactly the same as libby0920 stated, wait to see your doctor in two weeks and see what he/she has to say and if the MD states that you cannot I would go to a weight loss clinic around your area.

Good Luck & Best Wishes!!
    5/6/2008 Started with Diethlpropion, Chronium, HCG and B12shots!
    Starting Weight 199pounds
    5/12/2008 190pounds
    5/15/2008 188pounds
    2nd Mini Goal 05/20/2008 180pounds
    3erd Mini Goal 05/27/2008 175 pounds

Mini Goal

Main Goal

Photos
    View albums

I go to a weight loss clinic. They didn't do blood work. My first visit was $90 and I got the pills. Every month after that it is $75, I get the pills and two b12 shots.
    SW-04/18/08-212 -my highest weight EVER
    CW-05/02/08-205.5
    CW-05/17/08-204~~scale is finally moving again!!~~
    CW-6/2/08-203
    CW-6/8/08-199.5~ONEDERLAND!!!!!!~
    CW-6/11/08-199
    CW-7/11/08-196

****MINI GOAL-200****PASSED MY MINI GOAL ON 6/8/08!!!!
    ****MINI GOAL-195****

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Question for GOGO...

I, too am new to MO, residing in KC. Welcome! I'm also trying to find a weight loss clinic in the area and you mentioned there is one in Liberty. WOuld you mind giving me the name of the Clinic please? I spent about an hour on the phone yesterday calling number I found online related to weight management and I found nothing. I have about a 3 week supply left from my last Doc in Michigan, so I really need to find someone fast!! Also good luck...

dcindy68

The one I go to here where I live at the first time I went costed me $35 and after that if you just go in for phen it is $12 a week and if you get the b-12 ,hcg and the lipoden shot it is $ 27 a week and they do blood work and check you out completely....

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hey That Doc i told u about, Doc Huster in Liberty office is called Why Women Weight. I made my appt. for Wend. the14th, wish me luck. Ifyou go before i do let me know. I was told first visit was $60 bucks.

Photos
    View albums

I go to a weight loss clinic also they charge $86 everytime you go & get the medications wich includes 2 month supply of phen,a daily multi vitamin with 1000mg b-12 with folic acid that i take 1 a week all I did was fill out papers telling them about my medical history & the med. that I was currently taken. My medical doctor is going to start checking my protien levels @ the end of this month to make sure I'm getting enough protien in my diet other than that that's all I have done.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default I'm looking for a clinic in Mid/Western Pennsylvania

Hello, I am looking for a weight loss clinic in north western PA?? Does anyone know of any??