Close
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Photos
    View albums

Lightbulb New Year - New Me SPRING FLING - COMMIT TO YOURSELF

OK ya'll, here's the deal.... The last challenge got way too overwhelming with so much to keep up with, so this time we're doing a different approach. You've heard of K I S S - right ?? ( Keep It Simple Stupid )

I for one have a hard time with getting motivated, my biggest obstacle is myself. So I am gonna commit to doing the following, and challenging myself this week -

1 - I will drink atleast 64 oz of water daily

2 - Exercise atleast 30 MINUTES 3-4 times this week

3 - Walk or ride exercise bike 2 miles atleast 4 days this week.

ANYTHING ELSE I DO WILL BE BONUSES !!

Also, I will do my weigh in every 2 weeks rather than weekly - so HOPEFULLY, I will have something to look forward to !

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to put them out - we're open to whatever.

Also, if there are any newbies out there who would like to join us, jump on in.

I'm in the process of revamping the yahoo page to make it " SPRINGY " and cheerful.
    If any of you would like to submit new photos, mesurements or whatever, send them mine, Motown's, or Amber's way and we can upload them for you. My shape hasn't changed a bit since we posted our photo's in January, but I am gonna post a headshot ( from shoulders up ) since that is the first place you really notice your weight loss. I will do the same the beginning of May to see if there has been any change.

I'm looking forward to this new challenge with my old buddies, and hopefully we'll make some new buddies along the way !!
    Last edited by AuShucks; March 31st, 2008 at 10:39 AM.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I am so excited about this new spring start.... I have kinda been slacking and could use the revamp. I am so excited to get to know some more great people on this weightloss journey.

During this challange I will:

Workout at Least 4 times a week
    Drink 70 oz of water a day
    Run 3 times this week with one run being 4 miles or better

I will update my challanges every week to fit my weekly plan. I love the idea that we challange ourselves. I am going to hold everyone accountable.
    In the month of April I want to lose 8-10lbs. I want to tone up my body. I want to quit eating all the food in sight. I want to be one step closer to wearing a Bikini in June.

I will take new pictures to compare and I am also going to take a headshot to compare with at the end of the month.
    Here is to a great start.... I am going to be rocking the bikini before the summer challange starts...
    " Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be" ~ George Sheehan

SPRING FLING.....K.I.S.S.

SW 236lbs(10/10/2007)
    I have lost 66lbs so far.... cannot wait to make it 169lbs

Photos
    View albums

Default DAY 1

My starting weight for this challenge is 243., as I said I am hoping for a 6 pound loss by the end of the month, and if I can't achieve that, I have no one to blame but myself. I think this is gonna work better for alot of us, as it wont be so overwhelming with all the stuff to keep up with. Just make your goal for the week whatever you feel you CAN do, and it won't be as stressfull on us, and NO ONE WILL BAIL OUT !!!

Motowngirl will be the weight keeper upper , so ya'll can either PM her with your weight loss, or post it - whatever. Just whatever you choose to do, K I S S .

I'm home from work today, have gotten the worst ear infection - so to start my day off right - I'm heading over to the exercise bike to get some miles in. , then later I'll be doing a workout DVD.

Any ideas for what ya'll would like to do with the yahoo page ?? Like I said, I'm doing an overhaul on it, and am up for suggestions....I think it's a cool page to use as far as the photos and database to keep up with stuff, and would like to keep it active. Let me know.

Will check in later.

Photos
    View albums

Hi Everyone,

I know that no one has heard from me for a while and I apologize for that, but I got a little (ok, a lot) discourage on the challenge before (with the constant weight gain) and decided that there was only so much that could blame on the scale. I didn't want to weigh everyone down with my personal failures. However, now I've taken so time for myself and I've found a new doctor, so hopefully I will have better luck this time. Hopefully in six months I too can be looking forward to see a 70 pounds weight loss. My profile has not changed since January so I'd like to use the same pictures. I'll do new measurement because I am fitting into some small sizes. KISS sounds great.

Highest Weight - 287lbs
    Started Phen & lost 30lbs
    Got Pregant & gained only 8lbs
    Started back Phen & lost (5 mths) 0lbs ????
    Re-Re-Re-Restarted Phen & Re-Recommitted to me!!
    So now let's see!!!

5/3/08 SW - 262

Walking 400 Miles by Summer of 2008
    26.5 miles down 373.5 to go

Photos
    View albums

YAY !!! I'm doing the happy dance - SHE'S BACK !!! Just post whatever you feel comfortable with and what you feel you can accomplish for your weekly goal and go from there - K I S S - NO STRESS, NO INTIMIDATION !! We're all wanting the same thing and are here to support each other.

Photos
    View albums

Hello Everybody!!

I am so psyched about starting a new challenge. I have been feeling somewhat down, as the one year anniversary of my father-in-law's death is tomorrow. I think starting the challenge tomorrow will be symbolic of all the things that I have to LIVE for and look forward to. I am grateful that I have been blessed with good health. I refuse to continue to let life pass me by as I sit silently on the sideline, too ashamed of the person I have become to join in on all the fun. I will no longer neglect my body and poison it with garbage. It's time for me to take control of my life, and there is no better time than NOW.

I'm in it for the long haul ladies. I could not have imagined taking this journey with a finer group of gals.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

Yay for a new start! and a simple start at that!
    Ill go ahead and commit myself for 6 pounds lost in April

Cant wait to begin tomorrow!
    CW: 169 (12-28-08)
    GW: 139 (by 7/2009)

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by cindy1077 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I know that no one has heard from me for a while and I apologize for that, but I got a little (ok, a lot) discourage on the challenge before (with the constant weight gain) and decided that there was only so much that could blame on the scale. I didn't want to weigh everyone down with my personal failures. However, now I've taken so time for myself and I've found a new doctor, so hopefully I will have better luck this time. Hopefully in six months I too can be looking forward to see a 70 pounds weight loss. My profile has not changed since January so I'd like to use the same pictures. I'll do new measurement because I am fitting into some small sizes. KISS sounds great.
    I am glad to see you are still with us. Welcome back!
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Photos
    View albums

You know, Im going to change what I said above:
    I committ myself to 7 pounds lost in April...that will put me in the 150's!
    CW: 169 (12-28-08)
    GW: 139 (by 7/2009)

Photos
    View albums

Wippy, okay I'm excited and i updated my current weight down at the bottom.

Thanks Aushucks
    "Success means having the courage, determination, and the will to become the person you believe you are meant to be" ~ George Sheehan

Monday, January 05th - 270lbs
    Monday, January 12th
    Monday, January 19th
    Monday, January 26th
    Monday, February 2nd

Photos
    View albums

wow everyone so glad you are still around...
    Renee: that outlook is great we all have so much to live for...

I went and ran today did a 5k faster than I have ever.. which is great.. felt really good. I also stuck to my eating plan I had layed out for the week. I did not slip up once. I did almost skip lunch but then decided to eat so i would not be so hungry later and eat everything in sight. So one day down forever to go...lol
    lets go everyone...
    " Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be" ~ George Sheehan

SW 236lbs(10/10/2007)

Photos
    View albums

Hey just checking in, stayed home from work today antibiotics are finally kicking in, so I feel much better than yesterday. Ya'll know I've mentioned before about "set backs" go figure I get sick at the start of this challenge ! WTH?? Anyhow- did not do all the exercise that I intended to do yesterday, but todays a new day and will do it.

I'm glad we're all getting motivated with this challenge, and I for one will do my best. I tried on that pair of shorts this morning and they fit !! The only thing is that their a little tight on the backside - who would've thunk it since I have NO a*s !! Oh well, I'll try them on again after I do my weigh in on the 14th.

I've got to beef a minute now, I got this fancy scale last year, and finally programmed it. It measures your body fat and keeps track of each weigh in. Well the body fat thing registered at 43% - ?!?!?!? How the heck does it come up with that ?? My gosh - I'm 5'9" , if I ever weighed 130 ish I'd be nothing but a toothpick !! WITH NO A*S !!! whatever......
    Last edited by AuShucks; April 1st, 2008 at 11:01 AM.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Cindy -Welcome back!! Glad you decided to return and give it another try with a more positive outlook.
    Dessie - Sorry the pills are making u sick. I have been slowly weaning myself from them - So, I will be doing it on my own pretty soon too.....but we can do it!
    Renee- you look great! What some cute kiddos..
    Amber- 62 lbs is amazingly awesome!!!
    Motown - I am with you...goal weight is to lose SOME weight this month!
    Carmen - thanks for all of your encouragement and motivation...hope you are feeling better.

I have sorta good news...On friday, I finally hit 166 lbs..which made it officially 40 lbs lost... I have been waiting to see that # for a LONNNGGGG time. It took forever to get to it...but I was back up to 167 at yesterdays weigh in....my real goal is still 150. So I guess I better get busy that is still 17 lbs to go....

By the way, I lost a total of 13 lbs since the start of our challenge....
    I am going to measure and post my updated measurements on the yahoo site within the next few days...still not sure about posting my upclose mugshot on there though...we will see.

Well, good luck ladies...I am so happy to have you all to here so we can continue our weight loss journey together...K.I.S.S.es to everybody!!
    Last edited by jelycoes; April 1st, 2008 at 11:15 AM.

New Year - New ME Challenge- Spring Fling K.I.S.S.

Starting weight: 167.2
    Last week weigh in: 156
    Current weight: 155

Photos
    View albums

Hey Ladies
    I am going to give it a good go again to lose some of my thighs for the summer! I really just su**ed the whole month of March and have actually gained weight UP to 168 but can I blame that on TOM I know I need to start my period soon. I just hope that 6 lbs is really water weight!! I like to think that is it because I have lost some inches.

I have stopped taking the phen -- been off since March 1st or so. I am doing the Atking woe and have really not been exercising at all No excuses just lazy
    Sometimes I feel so darn drained!!

Renee your children are soooooo cute!!

I would love to be able to wear shorts that fit me at both the waist and the thigh area!! That is my biggest problem right now! If I find a pair that fits me in the waist -- they are way toooooooo snug on the thighs (thank you sadlebags) if they fit me on the thighs I need two belts to hold them bad boys on at the waist. ugh

Spring Fling - K I S S
    Starting weight - 168
    April 1 -14 : LBS + / - : down 2 lbs 166
    April 15 - 30 LBS + / - : down to 163 total April loss = 5lbs

GOAL FOR MAY - TO LOSE 10lbs!

Holly's Hectic House

Silver Phenster fingers crossed's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Hello everyone! I have been so busy lately, but I have not forgot any of you. Renee your kids are so cute! How is everything with your son?

Carmen, thank you for the email. I like the new idea's. I know exactly what you are saying about getting sick, it really is a disapointment. I hope you feel better soon.

Does everyone else seem like their lives are more hectic lately? I was talking to a friend yesterday about that and how sex is placed on the back burner. They say it is like riding a bike, you will remember once you get back on

My goal this week is to at least do half on thre challenge. Work my way up.

Went to see the Doc yesterday for a refill and I have lost 2 more pounds! That is with clothes on! I only get one more refill, so I have been starting to get a mind set, this is not going to last forever. My son told me I was cheating taking the phen. I hope that when I have my tonsils out I can lose the weight enough that I can start to take less and less of the phen in May, and have a good exercise program set in place.

My pants are starting to get really lose, so I bought a pair of jeans while I was at Costco, and of course they are to small, I guess it was more wishful thinking.

It is good to see everyone sticking to the challenge, regardless of the hectic schedule. That is a total inspiration in it;s own.

Spring Challenge KISS

Starting weight 128 3/31/08
    Dona
    The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends. ~Author Unknown

12/01/10 149

Silver Phenster fingers crossed's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I went to update my weight on yahoo and don't see the databass, are we not doing that any more?
    Dona
    The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends. ~Author Unknown

12/01/10 149

Photos
    View albums

Yeah, the databases are still there, I just went and checked. But I noticed the yahoo page is coming up slow.

I'm glad to see you girls back - thought I was gonna have to call out the troops !!

Ya'll did awesome in the last challenge losing both pounds and inches !! WOO HOO !!

Well, the comment about sex being on the back burner - hmm..... NAH - thats pretty much all of my exercise - hubby is built like a brick sh*t house and is one lean, mean, fu**ing machine !! Not too shabby for a 45 yr old guy !!

Photos
    View albums

OK guys, here's to tomorrow.... I haven't taken my phen since the week of Easter, and with the medicines i am on, didn't know if I should or not. So - WTH, I'm starting back tomorrow, and hopefully I can lose a few of these pounds by the 14th.... We'll see...

Photos
    View albums

Yes we are back!

I just got off the elliptical I bought a couple a weeks ago for home. What a freaking work out. This one here works me more than the one at home. What's up with that. Its a challenge staying on that thing for 10 minutes. After ten minutes I'm sweating and my legs are throbbing. What a work out.

Motown
    "Success means having the courage, determination, and the will to become the person you believe you are meant to be" ~ George Sheehan

Monday, January 12th
    Monday, January 19th
    Monday, January 26th
    Monday, February 2nd

Photos
    View albums

Default april is here...:)

Hello everyone... I have been doing pretty good. I worked out today and have stuck to my eating plan. I did not ran did a step class. I think tomorrow AM my husband and I are going to attempt to play some tennis. We have played a few times before and I use the word played losely ... take care everyone...
    Last edited by gottadothis; April 2nd, 2008 at 01:45 AM. Reason: changed something

SW 236lbs(10/10/2007)

Photos
    View albums

Good Morning Everyone,

Its 4:18AM in the moring, my knee is swollen so I cant exercise and I can't fall back asleep, now that is crappy. But so far I've been doing well. I noticed when I eat light for dinner my weight loss is successful.

Motown

Monday, January 12th
    Monday, January 19th
    Monday, January 26th
    Monday, February 2nd

Photos
    View albums

Good Morning All!

I don't know, but today I am more tempted than ever to hope on the scale. Maybe because I am soooo close to being out of the 220's. I have not done much in the way of exercise this week but my eating has been good. I took an "after" photo for the end of the first challenge but did not see much difference. I will take my measurements and hopefully that will be more reassuring.

I hope everyone is doing well.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Photos
    View albums

Hey Ladies!!! Life is TOTALLY hectic. My computer at home is messed up so I can't charge the battery. I hope to get that in the shop by next week. Moving day is getting closer...I am watching my weekender even through some of the week, so I am exhausted. I have him more at my house than he is at his. At least we are good people to be around and hopefully a good example for him and his mom. Who knows. The extra money is nice...especially with over $400 in vet bills last month. Whew...Can I breathe yet?

Also...Carmen I tried that dance workout this mornign (for some reason I was wide awake at 3am and got up to exercise!). Let me tell you, I had so much fun. I was sweating a lot after the 45 minutes was up, and I am not a big sweater (haha). So that was cool. I especially loved the disco part! I did my pilates before that, so this morning was make up for all the crap I have been missing the last week and a half. It's weird going from being at the gym in the morning to finding motivation at home. That's so much harder!!!

I started the phen back up on the first but didn't take it today. I was so wired yesterday and then my blood sugar dropped really low last night. I am not a diabetic but sometimes it drops low. Last night was really really low, to the point I told my son that if I fall over in Walgreens (before getting the gluclose tablets) to tell them my blood sugar is really low. And I don't say things that would scare my son. Usually it's a 5 - 10 minute fix, last night lasted over 5 hours. So I was very hesitant to take it today. I think I am going to do every other day for now.

My goal for this week is to find the motivation and exercise at home 3 times this week. One down, two to go!!! And definately to keep my blood sugar in check!!! That was pretty scary.
    Spring K*I*S*S
    April start - 175 grrr
    Month end goal - 167

[url=http://www.extrapounds.com/] [/url

Photos
    View albums

Hope everyone is doing alright today. I put off taking my phen since today is my last day on antibiotics, so I'll start fresh over the weekend and just hope for a couple pounds being lost by the 14th....

Renee - DO IT, DO IT, DO IT.... I JUST GOTTA KNOW !! Your picture looks so good !!!

Kaitlyn - Cool, glad you liked the video. I like that they are short, non repetitive so you don't get quite so burned out.

Mo - Sorry about your knee, I'll see if I can't catch you tonight.

OH yeah, it's Thursday - are we gonna try to get our chat on??

Photos
    View albums

Carmen-- you are supposed to be my voice of reason, telling to just wait until the next official weigh in--LOL. I am going to try to hold out... I think I can, I think I can..

I am up for chatting tonight---The Mr. is working late, but I will try to make it.

Kaitlyn-- thought you had given up on us.... glad to see you back.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Photos
    View albums

Sorry Renee - I've been told before that I'm a BAD INFLUENCE !

Photos
    View albums

Hey girls...

Motown that stinks about your knee take it easy. I have had knee surgery two times and knee trouble is not fun. Take some motrin for the pain and swelling it really helps with the swelling.
    Renee: Hold off on the weigh in that way you will get doing awesome the next three days and when you do weigh in it will be even sweeter... even though I do want to know..lol
    Kaitlyn... wow that is early. Way to go working out though. It sounds like life is keeping you really busy but you are still managing to get in some workouts so keep up the good work. Try taking the phen every other day I did that in Jan and it worked fine for me. Eeeek about your blood sugar you better take care of that.
    Carmen.... I totally spaced on the chat tonight so sorry that I missed it. I posted new pictures on this forum a few days ago I just need to put them on the yahoo group now... and need to redo my measurements...
    This week I have exericesed every day... I played tennis and basketball yesterday and it was soooo much fun. But today my arm is telling me that it was not... but i am okay. My eating has been really good and water has been good also. I however had to take my 7 year old to the doc today he has a lung infection and they are thinking it might be the very bad one... so put himon the strongest antibiotics she can give with out putting him in the hospital and hopefully we see improvement in the AM or else he might be admitted...really scary so that is what I am dealing with a sick kid all weekend... so much fun... well you all have a great next few days I will check inwhen I can..

SW 236lbs(10/10/2007)

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by gottadothis View Post
    Hey girls...

Motown that stinks about your knee take it easy. I have had knee surgery two times and knee trouble is not fun. Take some motrin for the pain and swelling it really helps with the swelling.
    Renee: Hold off on the weigh in that way you will get doing awesome the next three days and when you do weigh in it will be even sweeter... even though I do want to know..lol
    Kaitlyn... wow that is early. Way to go working out though. It sounds like life is keeping you really busy but you are still managing to get in some workouts so keep up the good work. Try taking the phen every other day I did that in Jan and it worked fine for me. Eeeek about your blood sugar you better take care of that.
    Carmen.... I totally spaced on the chat tonight so sorry that I missed it. I posted new pictures on this forum a few days ago I just need to put them on the yahoo group now... and need to redo my measurements...
    This week I have exericesed every day... I played tennis and basketball yesterday and it was soooo much fun. But today my arm is telling me that it was not... but i am okay. My eating has been really good and water has been good also. I however had to take my 7 year old to the doc today he has a lung infection and they are thinking it might be the very bad one... so put himon the strongest antibiotics she can give with out putting him in the hospital and hopefully we see improvement in the AM or else he might be admitted...really scary so that is what I am dealing with a sick kid all weekend... so much fun... well you all have a great next few days I will check inwhen I can..

I am sorry to hear about your son. Hopefully, the medication will do the trick. My oldest daughter had pneumonia when she was 3, so I know what you are going through. Take it easy this weekend and try to take some time for you.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Photos
    View albums

Call me stupid, but it just occurred to me to check my yahoo mail. I was wondering what email Carmen had sent, and why I never got it---lol. I have updated the database with my ending weight and measurements. I lost a total of 14.4lbs. in the last challenge and nearly as many inches (13 1/2). I was a little disappointed when I did the math on the pounds, but I am totally psyched over losing 13 1/2 inches. I cannot wait until my waist is less than 30 inches again.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Photos
    View albums

Wow! You go girl! 13 1/2 inches is awesome! I am planning on doing some major damage to inches this time around. And I can't wait to have my waist back too. I know looking back, when I got really close to my goal weight last time, my inches goal was 38, 28, 38. And if my waist gets under 28, great. I got to 30 last time. To me, it's much easier to measure your success off your inches and not the weight. At least it's not as depressing to me.

I had my weekender unexpectedly last night again. He is really good and not much trouble at all. But we added it up, he has spent the night at my house the last 5 out of 7 nights. Wow! I have a much better understanding of why I am getting so tired. It's like having 2 kids of my own now. How you women do it with two or more kids, I don't know, but I definately commend you for it!

My computer (home) is going in the shop to get fixed on Monday. So work is really the only time I can get on and it's been really busy here. But I will check back in on monday.

Amber, I will keep you in my prayers that your baby gets better!!!
    Spring K*I*S*S
    April start - 175 grrr
    Month end goal - 167

Photos
    View albums

Sorry about the red eyes in the new picture. I got a new phone and haven't figured out all the options yet.
    Spring K*I*S*S
    April start - 175 grrr
    Month end goal - 167

Photos
    View albums

I like the new pic Kaitlyn, you already looking good.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Photos
    View albums

Renee - OMG .... 13.5 inches rocks !! That is awesome !! I CANT WAIT to see your numbers Monday girl !!

Kaitlyn - What a cute haircut !! You look SASSY !!

Amber - Hope the young'un gets well soon, that's so scary - will be thinking about yall.

Everybody have a great weekend !!

Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the compliment Carmen. I was disappointed to only see 3 inches off my hips. I have always been cursed with more than my share. I did however lose 5 inches off my waist.

This is a picture of me when I was about 5 months pregnant. Funny, I thought I was enormous in this photo. What I'd give to be this size again...lol.

Last edited by insearchofme; April 4th, 2008 at 07:03 PM.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Photos
    View albums

PSST ... Renee... Tomorrow is ALMOST here !! Can you tell, I am just a little anxious for your check in !!
    Last edited by AuShucks; April 6th, 2008 at 12:26 PM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast